Vibration Analyst Training (ISO-Based)
Vibration Analyst Level 1
Our 4-day Vibration Analyst Level 1 seminar combines lectures & workshops to provide the essential training for a beginning Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Vibration Analyst. Attendees are instructed in data collection, basic analysis theory, and identifying fundamental machinery faults. The course follows ISO 18436 guidelines for Vibration Analyst Level 1 for training and certification (ISO 18436.2, Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics of Machines – Requirements for Training and Certification of Personnel – Part 2: Vibration Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics).
This course does not focus on specific hardware or software offerings from various vendors. We teach concepts applicable to both diagnostic systems and portable data collectors, and help highlight relevant analysis limitations. Workshops provide diagnostic practice using either machinery simulators or historical data.
An optional Certification Examination is given on the last day of the seminar for those attendees seeking a recognized certification.
- Provide a foundation for new or practicing analysts to become more effective at problem detection & resolution
- Provide analysis skills for new or practicing analysts to be more effective at problem detection & resolution; build upon the Vibration Fundamentals course information.
- Provide the skills and information needed to help implement a successful PdM Program
- Fully explore the information available in time-waveform & spectral data plots
- Review common machinery & machine components
- Teach basic vibration theory & data analysis techniques for the common machinery faults
- Teach how to configure data collection parameters, how to specify vibration transducers, and appropriate data collection techniques based upon machinery design parameters
- Review how to apply industrial vibration severity criteria
- Provide formats, examples & techniques for effective reporting
- Prepare to successfully complete the Level 1 Certification Exam
- Prepare to start the Level 2 training.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for analysts, technicians and engineers with at three to six months of vibration related experience. It will help you prepare the Level 1 Certification examination.
General familiarity with vibration and machinery is recommended. Analysts seeking Certification should have at least 6 months analysis experience, and completion of our Vibration Fundamentals course is highly recommended.
This course provides 32 Professional Development Hours (PDH) for engineering license requirements.
Course Fees & Schedule
Please contact us for a quotation. On-site, hotel or resort destination seminars can be scheduled at any time.
A manual containing slide presentations, discussion materials, workshop exercises and additional reference information is provided in hardcopy and CD-ROM.
Mr. Stanley R. Bognatz, P.E.
Vibration Analyst Level 1 – Seminar Outline
Why Use Vibration?
Level 1 Description & Duties
Common Plant Machinery & Design Elements
Maintenance Strategies & PdM Programs
Principles of Vibration
Understanding Time-Waveform Data
Understanding Spectrum Data
Introduction to Vibration Analyzers
Vibration Transducers – Operation & Selection
Data Acquisition Procedures
Vibration Severity Criteria
Database Alarming Techniques
Identifying Machinery Faults
Creating Technical Reports
Level 1 Certification Exam
M&B specializes in providing technical training on vibration analysis, predictive maintenance, shaft alignment, and rotor balancing, condition monitoring. And all courses can be customized to your specific needs. We can provide seminars on-site at your facility, and off-site at hotels for centralized training. We can also provide training at resort locations to provide a special experience for your staff. If you have questions on any training course, or would like a custom-designed course, please contact us.